Sweet potato brownies
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) of almond butter
- 1/2 c. Tea (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) flour of almonds (finely ground almonds)
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.2 ml) of baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon (.60 ml) of salt
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) cocoa beans, mini chocolate chips or chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 ° F. Wrap the sweet potato in foil and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool. Peel and crush – you should have about 1 cup of sweet potato puree.
Reduce the oven to 350 ° F.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add sweet potato, almond butter and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until everything is combined.
Coat an 8-by-8-inch baking tin with an aerosol. Dump dough in the pan; it will be thick, use a spatula to spread evenly. Sprinkle with cocoa feathers, chocolate chips or nuts, if you wish.
Cook until everything is set and start to come off the edges, 20-25 minutes.
Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting into 16 pieces.
Number of servings: 16 | Serving Size: 1 brownie
Per serving: Calories: 83; Total fat: 7g; Saturated fat: 1g; Monounsaturated fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 23 mg; Sodium: 72 mg; Carbohydrates: 5g; Dietary fiber: 2g; Sugar: 2g; Proteins: 4g
Nutritional Bonus: Potassium: 185 mg; Iron: 6%; Vitamin A: 24%; Vitamin C: 0%; Calcium: 6%